Cybersecurity Bootcamps VS. UX/UI Design BootcampsOct 20, 2022
So you want to go into Cybersecurity. Or maybe you’re asking yourself right now “what is cybersecurity?”. When you click on a suspicious link and your browser gives you that little error message saying “go back to safety” this is Cybersecurity at work. Cybersecurity protects individuals or organizations' online information.
What is a Bootcamp?
Bootcamps are a popular alternative to traditional education. They have many benefits for those who do not have the time or money for a university. Frankly, bootcamps are for anyone who does not want to spend time and money on formal education. Many people are seeing they do not need a formal degree to have an amazing career. Bootcamps allow individuals to learn from home on a flexible schedule and are usually faster (and cheaper) than traditional education. Taking a bootcamp also opens one up to mentorship, networking opportunities, and other tools for success that self-teaching does not.
How do Cybersecurity Bootcamps Vary From UX/UI Design Bootcamps?
- User Experience Design focuses on forming solutions to everyday problems, researching, and testing these solutions. It is concerned with the user-product relationship and creating easy-to-use designs.
- UX design bootcamps teach you…
- The UX process - includes research, problem-solving, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, using design tools, and how to build a portfolio
- Cybersecurity is the process of protecting an individual or organization from attacks such as email fraud, Identity theft, data breaches, and extortion.
- Cybersecurity bootcamps teach you…
- Skills like networking, system administration, threat management, governance, risk, and compliance (GRC), and Security information and event management (SIEM) administration.
- They also prep students to take major cybersecurity certification exams like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Security+, and GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH).
How Much Does A Cybersecurity Bootcamp Cost?
Cybersecurity bootcamps options range from simple courses to full university extension programs. They can cost between a few hundred to $20,000.
How Much is The NYU Cybersecurity Bootcamp?
Tuition for the Introductory Course is $180 and tuition for the Extended program of the bootcamp is $17,800 for a total of $17,980.
How Much Does Someone in Cybersecurity Make? What About UX Design?
As of October 2022, the average salary for those in Cybersecurity is $84,901/yr. The lower end is $65,000/yr and the higher using 111,000/yr.
Entry-level UX Designers have an average salary of $93,913/per yr.
Graduates from Avocademy’s Bootcamp are making an average salary of $85k, ranging from $56k to $155k.
If you’re still not sure which bootcamp is right for you, check out our other article comparing the most popular UX bootcamps of 2022 most popular UX Design bootcamps of 2022.
Do You Want a Career in Tech?
Our mentors at Avocademy can guide you through the process. Schedule a free mentoring session with a UX designer today!
Brynn is an aspiring UX designer who loves the beach, cooking, and meeting new people. She loves her avocados on a big salad or in a breakfast burrito.
Explore the Latest in Design Trends and Job Tips
Join The FREE Challenge
Enter your details below to join the challenge.